Paper Mill Supervisor
Company: Jacob Darr Associates
Location: De Pere
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The *Paper Mill Supervisor* has overall responsibility for
managing the daily activities of on-shift crews in the paper mill,
including directing shift maintenance demands for operating the
business. This is a key position that works closely with other mill
shift supervisors to ensure employee safety, quality, maintenance,
and productivity goals are met. The Paper Mill Supervisor provides
management leadership across the mill during off hours, on nights,
and onweekends, acting as a key member of the mill's emergency
* Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis
* Experience as a process engineer, temporary supervisor, or
comparable role, in a paper manufacturing facility a plus
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Ability to manage employee relations with positive outcomes
* Above-average process orientation skills with a focus on process
* Experience in a union environment preferred
* Demonstrated ability to manage and direct a team to achieve
* A safety leader with knowledge of industry safety standards
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software
* Aptitude for learning new software systems
* Ability to work shifts, weekends, and holidays
1. Must follow clients manufacturing and hygiene processes,
procedures, and policies, as applicable, to the position's areas of
responsibility, in order to meet and maintain the safety, quality,
and regulatory compliance requirements for each grade of paper.
2. Administer consistent application of all company policies.
3. Ensure on-shift performance meets work standards.
4. Communicate expectations to employees and evaluate performance.
Address individual or crew underperformance and take appropriate
5. Responsible for productivity, quality, efficiency, cost control,
compliance, and housekeeping.
6. Provide crews with needed equipment and training resources;
provide guidance to foster individual growth.
7. Assist department trainers in making sure employees' training
requirements are completed.
8. Participate and/or lead identified daily production meetings and
monthly crew meetings.
9. Audit crews to ensure they are working safely, following safety
requirements, and are able to identify potential hazards.
Appropriately correct safety hazards and unsafe acts in a timely
10. Lead safety investigations.
11. Assess processes for effectiveness and implement
12. Provide leadership in emergency situations.
Customer Focus, Action Oriented, Decision Quality,
Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity & Trust and Peer
Relationships, Problem Solving, Managing Through Processes, Command
Skills, Directing Others, Conflict Management and Composure
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 12 hour shift
* Paper Mill: 3 years (Preferred)
* Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Jacob Darr Associates, Green Bay , Paper Mill Supervisor, Other , De Pere, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!