Convenience Store Associate (Part-Time)
Company: United Cooperative
Posted on: January 28, 2023
The Convenience Store Associate serves our customers in a
friendly, professional, courteous and efficient manner resulting in
satisfied customers and repeat business. The position performs
cashier and/or deli/food preparation responsibilities based upon
convenience store location needs. Duties & Responsibilities: *
Promotes a customer-focused environment by providing friendly,
courteous and helpful service that provides customers with desired
products, services and experiences.
* Greets customers entering the store and thanks customers for
* Ensures the store is "customer ready" at all times.
* Regularly practices suggestive selling by asking customers if
they would like to include an additional purchase or recommending a
product that might suit the customer.
* Prioritizes needs for the day and utilizes lists to ensure all
tasks are accomplished.
* Ensures cash drawer is accurate and has adequate change at the
beginning of their shift.
* Records all sales promptly and accurately according to company
* Receives product deliveries and ensures accuracy of order and
* Minimizes controllable expenses by following company guidelines
regarding the handling of spoilage, breakage and items for store
* Follows company policies regarding the sale of alcohol, tobacco
and lottery tickets.
* Verifies the age of customers purchasing alcohol or tobacco.
* Prepares food and beverages according to health regulations and
* Maintains a safe working area and keeps walkways clean of slip or
* Follows company and location safety policies and promptly reports
any and all accidents by employees, customers and vendors that
occur on company premises.
* Performs housekeeping activities as needed including sweeping and
mopping floors, cleaning and servicing restrooms, emptying garbage,
and dusting and cleaning the store.
* Maintains and cleans the grounds and parking lot; maintains
fueling island supplies including towels, windshield wash buckets
and squeegees. Other Expectations: * Reports to work for scheduled
shifts, on-time, appropriately uniformed and ready to work.
* Clocks in and out accurately for each shift.
* Provides excellent communication with manager and coworkers.
* Abides by policies set forth in the employee handbook.
* Performs any and all related duties as assigned by manager.
Qualifications: * Effective communication, interpersonal and
* Basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to read, interpret and follow recipes and instruction
* Ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task.
* Wisconsin Alcohol Seller/Server Training (age 18 and older).
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements: * Work is performed in
a convenience store environment.
* Ability to stand for up to 8 hours.
* Ability to sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
* Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds regularly, 25 pounds
frequently, and/or 50 pounds occasionally.
* Exposure to outside weather conditions and cold temperatures
while cleaning or stocking coolers or freezers.
Keywords: United Cooperative, Green Bay , Convenience Store Associate (Part-Time), Other , Pickett, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!