Account Executive - WGBA
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: June 15, 2019
E.W. Scripps is a premier media organization headquartered in
Cincinnati, Ohio. We are currently seeking a high-energy,
multi-tasking Account Executive to join our Sales team. The
successful candidate will be a broadcast experienced aggressive,
break-out salesperson to manage an important list of accounts and
develop new and online business for the station.
The Account Executive works under the direction of the Local Sales
Manager to maintain and grow existing business/relationships with
our key accounts. Identify and pursue ways to increase individual,
client and company sales growth and retention in our full product
portfolio. Professional with superior people skills, great attitude
and work ethic. Is excited about the opportunity for developing
relationships and acting as a strategic business partner for our
- Increase market share from established account base with a
focus on business development.
- Develop high value advertiser relationships and maintain a high
level of advertiser satisfaction and results.
- Consult as a strategic business partner with customers offering
a variety of advertising, marketing and audience sales
- Identify and pursue ways to increase individual, client and
- Conduct needs assessment interviews with clients to develop
customer driven audience solutions.
- Leverages product knowledge and business acuity to create
effective solutions for key/large customers.
- Negotiate large deals and contracts across the full offering of
- Develops layouts, writes ad copy and prepares sales
- Anticipate and address problems outside the normal scope of the
job and offer solutions.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct formal verbal and written
- Close business in the full product portfolio meeting or
exceeding individual and or team goals.
- Monitor competitive media, trends across markets or client
industries and identifies opportunities to increase market
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting individual revenues
- Create reports on territory performance and strategic
- Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Education & Experience/Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and sales experience
generating leads, cold calling, closing business and managing
clients or comparable combination of education.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly
accountable sales environment
- Proven ability to sell multiple products, generate new business
and increase market share.
- Strong ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline, generate
referrals/leads and track/follow-up on leads.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and
- Must be able to work well under pressure of multiple deadlines
- Must have a diligent work ethic and be dependable.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics
information to develop creative sales solutions.
- Must be able to use systematic thinking, the ability to
persuade and exhibit effective closing skills.
- Present ability to negotiate large deals and close
- Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively
respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to
advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions and
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and
other software programs such as customer relations software.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and
businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and
digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one
of the nations largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs
an expanding collection of local and national journalism and
content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national
news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and
fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and
Laff. Scripps produces original programming including Pickler &
Ben, runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in
Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps
National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for
decades to the motto, Give light and the people will find their own
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps
Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment
decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition,
disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and
military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which
would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local
law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so
would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Green Bay , Account Executive - WGBA, Other , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!