Middle School International Baccalaureate Principal
Company: Green Bay Area Public School District
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: July 12, 2019
The Green Bay Area Public School District's mission is to educate
all students to be college, career and community ready, inspired to
succeed in our diverse world. District priorities are academic
excellence, personalized pathways, engagement and a thriving
workforce. The Green Bay Area Public School District is actively
searching for experienced school leaders who are passionately
committed to improving educational options for students at Franklin
Middle School, an International Baccalaureate (IB) School. The
ideal candidate will have had successful experience creating strong
school cultures and academic programs clearly focused on improving
teaching practice and measurable student achievement gains.
Successful candidates must demonstrate that they are
instructionally strong, confident administrators who can provide
decisive management and vigorous leadership. The Franklin Middle
School Principal will have primary responsibility for establishing
a school culture with a focus on student engagement, professional
support for teachers, instructional practices that lead to dramatic
academic progress, and measurable results. The successful candidate
- A passionate belief in the capacity of all children to learn
and succeed, and a sense of urgency about making that a reality for
all students being served.
- Demonstrated success in raising student achievement.
- Experience working effectively with urban schools, students and
families, and community partners to build student academic
- A deep understanding of the teaching and learning process and
how to create high-performance learning environments.
- A personal sense of accountability around student academic
progress carried out through relentless professional development of
staff and evaluation of teachers.
- An ability to motivate faculty and help them use data to inform
instructional decisions as partners, resulting in a
learning-centered school culture.
- Consensus building, strategic and collaborative management
skills, including the ability to manage the complex turnaround
process at the school building level.
- Be driven to create a premier school and understand the
concrete steps needed to get there.
- Have the interpersonal skills to motivate and influence others
to accomplish goals.
- Exhibit self-confidence and resolve in decision-making and
- Define both high-priority goals that get immediate results and
a long-term strategy for success.
- Be willing to make the changes needed that may be in opposition
to the school's cultural norms and existing practices.
- Be a problem-solver who allows for an open exchange of data and
results among staff.
- Align human resources to school needs, setting high
expectations and effectively managing all school employees to meet
- Engage in constant personal learning, including the need to
learn and adapt when faced with challenges and successes.
- Exhibit relentless focus on student achievement in the face of
challenges and obstacles. The principal who is selected to lead
Franklin Middle School, an IB World School, must commit to using
the appropriate level of The International Baccalaureate Programme
as the framework for leading staff in all planning, teaching,
learning, and assessment across the curriculum. In addition to
meeting the principal requirements of the Green Bay Area Public
School District, the Franklin Middle School IB Principal will:
- Possess a common understanding of the principles and practices
of the programme on the part of all stakeholders, and a personal
commitment on everyone's part to support them fully.
- Commit to the development of the IB learner profile on behalf
of each and every one of the learners - students, teachers and
- Provide effective leadership that sustains the implementation
and ongoing development of the Programme in the long term, often
through periods of substantial staff turnover.
- Be responsible for the leadership of all addendum items to the
classroom teacher's job description.
- Be responsible for all items listed in the IB Coordinator job
- Participate in continued on-going IB sponsored trainings.
- Be responsible for increased marketing of the IB school.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor. Interested
applicants should make application to certified staff vacancy
#63347 on the Wisconsin Education Career Access
Network:--YourMembership. Keywords: School Principal, Location:
Green Bay, WI - 54303
Keywords: Green Bay Area Public School District, Green Bay , Middle School International Baccalaureate Principal, Other , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!