Senior Data Scientist
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Are you interested in designing and implementing analytical models
for delivering actionable business insights and decision support?
Schneider may have just the role for you. As a Senior Data
Scientist, you will be responsible for creating statement of work
documents, data identification, data preparation (merging data from
different sources, cleansing, manipulation, etc.), model selection
and creation (descriptive as well as prescriptive models) model
training, testing, improving and documenting. You will prepare
reports of findings and present to executives, as well as develop
key performance indicators to enable tracking of the project
benefits. If this sounds interesting, read on for more
details.About the role, you will:
- Develop and deepen relationships with clients to sufficiently
understand their business operations and practices to apply the
appropriate methods, models and analysis.
- Gather and integrate business information and data into
appropriate models and tools to support the development of
- Prepare written non-technical reports and presentations to
managers and key decision makers indicating solution or range of
possible alternatives solution pros and cons and technical
- Prepare proposals, statements-of-work, project logs and
effectively communicate technical engineering solutions into
appropriate business language for clear client understanding.
- Effectively scope projects and work assignments and make
realistic work completion estimates. Develop appropriate work
communication and contingency plans.
- Build creative statistics models and technical approaches that
address complex business issues.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that
includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time
off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision
insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k)
savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values
individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities
through company-paid training and more than 170 personal
development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it
- A PhD degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer
Science, or a related field, plus two years of relevant work
experience is preferred. A Masters degree plus four years of
relevant work experience is required.
- Do you have a good understanding of transportation, logistics,
and warehousing problems and applications as well as knowledge of
advanced statistics modeling, solution techniques and tools?
- Are you able to build effective business relationships with
clients, peers and associates?
- A demonstrated ability to understand the uses and limitations
of statistical methodologies (time-series forecasting, logistic
regression, Random Forests, K-Mean Clustering and Bayesian Methods,
(Machine Learning, etc.) as well as ability to select the
appropriate methodology to complete assignments is the key to
success in this role.
- Do you have working knowledge of databases (SQLite, Oracle,
MSSQL) and spreadsheets (Excel) and an understanding of the
capabilities and uses of database applications?
- Are you proficient with a statistical programming language such
as R, SAS or Python and data analysis and visualization software
packages such as SPSS, Tableau as well as writing complex queries
- Experience with Big data (Hadoop Map/reduce, Spark, Hive, Pig,
Mahout) and cloud computation (AWS, Azure) highly desired.
Company Overview:Schneider is a premier provider of transportation
and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man,
one truck and one dream. Since then, we've grown and evolved to
become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest
portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer
experiences.The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers
with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving
mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be
the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Schneider, Green Bay , Senior Data Scientist, Other , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!