Plant Continuous Improvement Manager
Company: TreeHouse Foods
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: May 17, 2020
Employee Type:Full timeLocation:WI Green BayJob Type:Supply
Chain Continuous ImprovementJob Posting Title:Plant Continuous
Improvement ManagerJob Description:
The Continuous Improvement Manager oversees the CI vision cascaded
down from the Director of Lean and Continuous Improvement. The CI
Manager assists the Director in strategic planning and implements
the strategy to support overall performance improvement objectives.
Coach and Mentor employees on lean methodology, tools, root-cause
analysis and waste reduction to achieve sustainable and continued
improvements in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost and
growth. Coordinate training and development of all team
- Leads the Continuous Improvement process (e.g. behaviors,
attitude and culture), working with staff and operations to
develop, implement and sustain a continuous improvement program
based upon lean principles that support meeting plant goals and
- Leads, identifies and defines scope of continuous improvement
planning and activities.
- Primary owner in leading and/or coordinating continuous
- Easily identifies opportunities and works closely with
technical resources to help drive efficiencies and best
- Teaches and models root cause analysis and problem solving to
prevent recurrence, standard work and follow-up. Viewed as an
expert in these areas.
- Grows the next generation of lean change agents (Lean
Coordinators) to foster continued growth. Plans for
training/seminars and such to keep the team energized and focused
including budget planning for such activities.
- Works with the Lean Coordinator in charge of Standard Work to
ensure processes and work instructions are kept up to date and
- Works with the Lean Coordinator in charge of 5S to ensure we
are sustaining and improving to be BRC audit ready.
- Be a change agent who challenges existing processes that create
waste and non-value added work.
- Coaches, guides and/or leads cross-functional teams to achieve
resolution of assigned projects.
- Lead focused efforts aimed at breakthrough and incremental
improvements in process, department and/or line-specific
opportunities that meet and exceed plant operational performance
- Monitor data and metrics to identify areas of waste and
prioritize the development and implementation of solutions.
- Teaches and models tools and concepts of Lean Thinking and Six
Sigma, facilitates kaizen events
- Provide appropriate documentation and project update
communication to Operations leadership. Collaborates with all
departments and individuals affected by CI projects.
- Share best practices and build relationships with CI Consortium
Members and other TreeHouse plants.
- All other duties as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a
comprehensive list of all tasks. Additional tasks and duties may be
assigned from time to time as necessitated by business needs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Deep understanding of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement
methodologies and ability to teach and model them.
- Must have strong analytical and business judgment including
demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to influence, mentor and coach to get results through
- Results driven for being the low cost producer and supporting
company growth strategies.
- Convey high level of optimism while setting aggressive targets
to teams, finding ways to achieve them.
- Communicates a compelling vision and inspired sense of purpose.
Talks about the possibilities and is optimistic. Creates strong
morale and spirit within team.
- Solves highly complex problems and prioritizes actions in a
timely manner. Probes all sources for answers and can quickly sense
what will help resolve issues.
- Establish clear directions, sets stretching objectives. Lays
out work in a well-planned and organized manner and brings out the
best in people through leveraging their strengths.
- Speaks candidly and provides constructive feedback in a
- Organizes and manages projects; interacts, supports,
facilitates and leads multi-functional work teams; leads teams to
consensus; strong negotiation skills.
- Able to build strong relationships across the business unit to
partner with, support and fosters change.
- Demonstrates a passion for safety. Able to develop and maintain
a respectful and safe work environment.
- Must be mobile and able to take on broader assignments for
additional development opportunities within our BU and across
Treehouse plants as a whole.
- 8-10 years manufacturing related experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions using good written
and verbal communication skills. Has the ability to effectively
present information to various departments and employees. Must be
able to present in public (know your audience) and on stage if the
- Requires sitting, bending, climbing stairs, extensive standing
and walking the manufacturing facility.
- ---Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- ---Must be willing to work necessary hours to fulfill the needs
of the job
- Some travel
- 60% - Office setting
- 40% - Manufacturing floor
Bachelor's Degree Required
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and
offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, please contact us by
sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your email please include a description of the specific
accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position
for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: TreeHouse Foods, Green Bay , Plant Continuous Improvement Manager, Professions , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!