IRIS Consultant - Remote in Brown County, Wisconsin
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: October 17, 2020
TMG by Magellan Health is seeking an IRIS Consultant who lives
in Brown County, Wisconsin.
IRIS Consultants (IC) are home-based employee who partners with
individuals enrolled in the IRIS program to identify their
long-term care goals and find creative ways to achieve them. Role
works in communities where IRIS self-directed long-term care is
offered as an alternative to managed care under the Family Care
program. This role is a steady, trusted partner, working side-by
side with people enrolled in IRIS.
This role builds upon the resources available in the community to
help individuals develop customized plans to achieve their goals
related to employment, housing, health, safety, community
membership, transportation, and lasting relationships.
TMG wants to find the best possible candidates for employment, so
we created this Realistic Job Preview to provide candidates with an
accurate understanding of the position. Find out more about the
IRIS Consultant position by clicking on the link and then reviewing
the job posting below.
- Required to meet with the IRIS participant a minimum of four
times per year, with one required annual visit in the home of the
participant. Because IRIS is a self-directed program, it is
important for ICs to be available upon the request of the
- Responsible for providing program orientation to new
participants at which time participants will learn their rights and
responsibilities as someone enrolled in the program, including
verifying legal documents, completing employee paperwork and the
responsible use of public dollars.
- Explore a broad view of the participant's life, including
goals, important relationships, connections with the local
community, interest in employment, awareness of the Self-Directed
Personal Care option, and back-up support plans.
- Assist participants in identifying personal outcomes and ensure
those outcomes are being met on an ongoing basis, all while staying
within the participant's IRIS budget and within the requirements of
the IRIS program determined by the Department of Health Services
- Responsible for documenting all orientation and planning
activities within the IRIS data system (WISITs) within 48 business
hours of the visit with the participant.
- Research community resources and natural supports that will fit
the individual outcomes for each participant and share that
information with them as it becomes available.
- Responsible for documenting progress and changes as needed
within the plan and the data system anytime a modification is
requested by a participant.
- Budget Amendment or One-Time Expense paperwork may be required
depending upon factors associated with the participant and their
individual IRIS budget.
- Educate participants on how to read and interpret their monthly
budget reports to ensure that participants operate within their
budget. Being a liaison between the Fiscal Employer Agency and the
IRIS Consultant Agency is also a large part of the position, which
includes assisting participants with provider billing, seeking
support brokers, tracking receipts, ensuring their workers are paid
and mitigating areas of potential risk or conflicts of
- Responsible for relaying difficult messages to the participants
they partner with. The topic of these messages varies from a
directive from DHS regarding a programmatic change to informing a
participant their budget has been reduced to discussing health and
safety issues to reporting events such as critical incidents about
abuse and neglect. Due to the sensitive nature of some of these
messages, at all times, it is important to maintain the strictest
confidentiality with all participant related information including
HIPAA and other personal or organizational information.
- Work collaboratively with other IRIS Consultant Agency staff in
order to ensure a successful implementation of participants'
- Attend face-to-face monthly team meetings with other ICs and
their supervisor. In addition, weekly IC and IRIS Consultant
Supervisor phone check-ins may occur, along with other duties as
assigned.Other Job RequirementsResponsibilities
- Bachelors degree in a social work, psychology, human services,
counseling, nursing, special education or a closely related field
(or four years of commensurate experience if no degree).
- 1+ year of direct experience related to the delivery of social
services to the target groups (individuals with intellectual or
physical disabilities and older adults).
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and be
- Knowledge of Long Term Care programs and familiarity with
principles of self-determination.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain adequate
auto insurance for job-related travel to home visits and attending
meetings and conferences as requested.
- Excellent problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and
strong basic math skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills to focus on
multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to change.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and
work through situations without taking it personally.
- Comfortable working within a variety of settings and adjust
style as needed; to work with a diverse population, various
personalities and personal situations.
- Resourceful and have knowledge of community resources while
being proactive and detail-oriented.
- Ability to use a variety of technology including but not
limited to; Outlook, Skype, Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, online
portals and databases.General Job InformationWork ExperienceLong
Term Care, Social WorkEducationBachelors (Required)License and
Certifications - RequiredDL - Driver License, Valid In State -
OtherLicense and Certifications - PreferredMagellan Health Services
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free
workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand,
comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security
controls unique to their position.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Green Bay , IRIS Consultant - Remote in Brown County, Wisconsin, Professions , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!