Class A Journeyman Maintenance Tech
Company: Green Bay Packaging Inc.
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately
owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated
container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard
mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting
operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in
Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than
4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states
each with a dedication to innovative development of its products
and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality,
sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information
about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com .
Green Bay Packaging Inc., Green Bay Mill Division is a
fully-integrated paper mill that manufactures containerboard using
100% post-consumer recycled furnish. This family-owned mill is
located near the mouth of the Fox River in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
The operation consists of one paper machine responsible for the
production of linerboard and medium paper used to manufacture
corrugated boxes. We are currently in the construction phase of
building a brand new state-of-the-art facility slated to start up
Q1 2021. The new mill will be located on the same site as the
- Safety and environmental awareness of actions while performing
- Perform predictive, corrective, and preventative maintenance
including rebuilding pumps, troubleshooting break downs, and
- Perform TIG welding.
- Assist with insulating, running process piping, threaded pipe,
air tubing, chemical lines, poly tubing, etc.
- Assist with the installation of electrical equipment including
cable trays, pulling cable and wires, running conduit, installing
drives and control panels.
- Safely operate trucks and overhead cranes.
- Use computerized work order system and any training required to
learn the system.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a maintenance mechanics
- Must be able to perform the job functions including climbing
ladders, scaffolds, and working with aerial platforms. Candidate
must demonstrate good balance and show no impairment due to
- Demonstrate good mechanical ability, manual dexterity and be
able to read and comprehend schematics and blueprints.
- Proficient in diagnosing mechanical problems, dismantling
mechanical equipment, securing correct parts, repairing and
reassembling mechanical equipment including pumps, agitators,
conveyors, and gearboxes.
- Must take appropriate courses and perform on-the-job training
to gain the skills required by this job.
- Must be willing to be trained and certified in OSHA tank entry
- Must be available for scheduled or unscheduled overtime call-in
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefit
package including medical, dental, life, 401(k), and pension plan.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Keywords: Green Bay Packaging Inc., Green Bay , Class A Journeyman Maintenance Tech, Professions , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!