Company: RR Donnelley
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Technical Analyst Information Technology Green Bay, WI ID: 49408
Position requires working independently in a fast-paced computing
environment, responding to the needs of RRD clients for automated
data processing, management and reporting. Work includes building
data solutions that support our customers business need:
validation, standardization, error detection, removal of extraneous
data, calculation, reconciliation, information append, data mining,
relational repositories, reporting and historical storage. Data may
cross server platforms using tools commonly available in Windows
and Mainframe environments. Primary programming and automation
tools include: WatchFTP, WatchDirectory, Windows Task Manager, SAS,
ODS, XML, Group1, Mach1, CList, VeriMove/NCOA, Syncsort, IceTool,
GDG, JCL, batch files, VB, VBA, Vedit, Tableau, SQL, Python, Cloud
and FTP protocol.
Required Skills Responsibilities
- Work closely with the business analysts and customers to
analyze moderately complex business requirements.
- Design solutions for projects of medium scope and complexity.
Including sizing the environment, connectivity, screens, files,
reports, security and historical archiving.
- Responsible for coding, testing, implementing and maintaining
- Work closely with the Data Processing Analyst to incorporate
list processing steps.
- Must be able to diagnose and problem solve with little to no
guidance. Must be able to maintain other developers source
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and make
adjustments as necessary.
- Continuously seek new knowledge and make recommendations for
process improvement. Apply best practice programming
- Actively participate in post-implementation reviews.
- Prepare time estimates for all phases of customer
- Respond to client Process Change Requests (PCR) by scoping the
change, provide cost estimate and perform risk assessment.
- Participate in customer meetings by phone or in person.
- Prepare diagram and source documentation for all projects
assigned. Write operation procedures and perform training.
- Provide operational support by monitoring system throughput,
quality control and verifying deliverables have been sent.
- Perform other related duties and participates in special
projects as assigned. RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
Required Experience Job Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or
role with up to 3-5 years of practical development/analyst work
experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements
through a comparable number of years of applicable functional
developer/analyst work experience.
- Moderate proficiency in the practical experience of data
automation, scripting and server connectivity is required.
- Conceptual knowledge of SQL and entity relationships.
- Functional knowledge of JCL and data processing is
- Functional knowledge of Group1 software is a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency in SAS programming is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel,
Word, Access and Visio.
- Requires very good communication skills, both verbal and
written. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both
internal and external customers.
Keywords: RR Donnelley, Green Bay , Technical Analyst, Professions , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!