Production Supervisor 3rd shift
Company: Sargento Foods, Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Req ID: 505
3RD, 9:30pm - 6:30am
Persnickety People. Exceptional Cheese. Come join our Operations
You work professionally in both a team environment as well as
individually . You have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
You are known for your ability to lead, coach and develop
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family
of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple
premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento,
you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as
the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make
a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in
your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and
develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you're
ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can
find it here.
What You Do.
- Ensure employees are completing their work assignments in
compliance with food safety and personnel safety guidelines.
- Investigate and recommend improvements related to near miss,
property damage or employee injury incidents
- Plan, assign and direct work. Establish or adjust work
procedures to meet production schedules.
- Participate in customer audits and tours
- Understand production schedules, create and adjust work orders
as need, recommend areas for improvement
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving
- Communicate with peer supervisors and cross-functionally
- Use technical tools/systems (SAP, Savanna, Fiori, scanning
guns, Maintenance Excellence, etc.)
- Direct and monitor the sanitation process when applicable
- Supervise support positions such as Personnel Scheduler when
- Create open two-way dialogue will all employees
- Encourage and promote career advancement opportunities with
employees; initiate/suggest plans to motivate employees to achieve
- Complete new employee and annual employee evaluations
- Ensure employee training is current and concepts have been
retained by the employee
- Review and update training programs
- Interview, hire, and train employees
- May supervise up to 15 process technicians and up to 50
production employees Your Education and Experience.
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school required.
- Bachelor's degree in operations, business, quality or related
- Minimum 1 year experience in operations, production,
supervision, sanitation, quality, maintenance or related experience
preferred. Your Qualifications.
- Understanding of food safety standards, employee safety
standards, sanitary guidelines, quality tools, and current Good
- Ability to keep accurate and legible records and handle
- Communicate information professionally and in accordance with
policies and procedures.
- Ability to work weekends when production demands are high Your
Needs. Our Values.
"People-First Culture" - Our people-first culture is founded on a
simplepremise: Hire good people and treat them like family. Your
team really is your extended family and friends. Our Sargento
Family rallies around those experiencing challenging situations and
are the first ones to celebrate milestones.
Live Well, Work Well - You are encouraged and enabled to balance
your career with interests and activities outside of work. We value
Humor and Fun because we can laugh at ourselves and you can't smile
without saying "cheese". Our CEO always says, if you're not having
fun at work or spending time with your family, then you're doing it
Career Advancement - We support your career aspirations with
individual development plans, career paths, coaching and mentoring
through our "promote from within" philosophy. It is not uncommon
for employees to start their career in an entry-level manufacturing
position and with dedication, hard work, and our tuition
reimbursement program they have the potential to advance into
Caring for Community - When you work here, you can make a
difference in the company and in the lives of people in our
communities, including supporting the United Way, Habitat for
Humanity and feeding those in need. We partner with the Green Bay
Packers through our 'Touchdowns for Hunger' program which has
resulted in donating $1.3 million to date for hunger relief. We
support our employees who serve their communities year-round
including providing paid time off to contribute to causes that are
meaningful to them.
Brand Innovation & Leadership - We're a national brand, owned by a
real family. Because we are privately-held every employee is
considered part of the Sargento Family and can make a meaningful
impact. We seek people who will challenge assumptions and introduce
new ideas to help achieve our corporate goals. We are an industry
leader because of our quest to find the next breakthrough and have
been a Nielsen Award Winner thanks to our game-changing
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.4 billion, Sargento Foods
is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more
than 60 years. We created the world's first, successful
pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based
in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded,
sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients
and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our
products and for product design, packaging and merchandising
innovations that have transformed our industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
Keywords: Sargento Foods, Inc., Green Bay , Production Supervisor 3rd shift, Professions , Plymouth, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!