Maintenance Technician 3rd shift
Company: Sargento Foods, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Req ID: 423
3RD, Sunday - Thursday 10:00PM - 6:00AM
Maintenance Technician Job Ad
Persnickety People. Exceptional Cheese. Come join our Maintenance
You are inquisitive by nature; you have a drive to solve problems
and improve on processes. You do not need constant direction and
thrive in a team environment. You understand the need to solicit
feedback and understanding how your decisions impact the plant
floor and the bottom line. You are known for your ability to lead
change, problem solve and sustain projects. You are driven by the
need to continue your education in your profession.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family
of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple
premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento,
you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as
the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make
a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in
your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and
develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you're
ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can
find it here.
What You Do.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment taking
appropriate safety precautions and measures.
- Strict housekeeping of work area in shop and assigned tasks
- GMP knowledge and practice at all times.
- Pride and ownership in task and job performed.
- Follow established maintenance excellence processes and
required standards of excellence.
- Utilize the predictive maintenance diagnostic tools and
procedures provided, interpreting and documenting results. Taking
appropriate measures to prevent failure.
- Maintain, systematically troubleshoot, repair and replace
in-kind, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic parts
primarily for manufacturing equipment.
- Job task assignments and tasks will be performed through the
computerized maintenance management system.
- Optimize and refine PMs based on findings, such as; frequency,
task list, etc.
- Provide support for opposing shifts, maintenance related
activity or projects.
- Daily interaction with production team related items as
- Share any newly learned discoveries pertinent to repair or
troubleshooting techniques that will assist team to respond more
efficiently and safely.
- Communicating and conversing professionally and technically
with maintenance, operations, engineering and other resources to
solving machine related issues and taking appropriate steps keeping
equipment in peak operational condition. Your Education and
- High school diploma or equivalent required for entry level
positions (Skill level 1 & 2).
- An Associate degree in a technical discipline or a journey
worker credential in an accredited technical discipline required
for advancement to Skill level 3 and above.
- Additional electrical and mechanical on the job training
demonstrated skill set preferred.
- SAP knowledge and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Additional educational courses will be required as needed to
sustain departmental/individual technological levels and licenses;
continued education Your Qualifications.
- Requires a high level of proficiency and mental as well as
- Ability to work independently with resourcefulness, originality
- Understanding of functional criteria for control systems, power
systems, and electronic device selection.
- Soft skills, interacting, positive reinforcement, teamwork, we
not me attitude, highly cooperative, attentive, leading by example,
- Skills and competencies further defined in attached functional
expectations for this position .
- To maintain and stay current as well as comply with State of
Wisconsin license criteria for Industrial Electrician, Journeymen
Maintenance Technicians must attend specified hours in relevant and
accepted CEUs for electrical codes and safety. Your Needs. Our
"People-First Culture" - Our people-first culture is founded on a
simplepremise: Hire good people and treat them like family. Your
team really is your extended family and friends. Our Sargento
Family rallies around those experiencing challenging situations and
are the first ones to celebrate milestones.
Live Well, Work Well - You are encouraged and enabled to balance
your career with interests and activities outside of work. We value
Humor and Fun because we can laugh at ourselves and you can't smile
without saying "cheese". Our CEO always says, if you're not having
fun at work or spending time with your family, then you're doing it
Career Advancement - We support your career aspirations with
individual development plans, career paths, coaching and mentoring
through our "promote from within" philosophy. It is not uncommon
for employees to start their career in an entry-level manufacturing
position and with dedication, hard work, and our tuition
reimbursement program they have the potential to advance into
Caring for Community - When you work here, you can make a
difference in the company and in the lives of people in our
communities, including supporting the United Way, Habitat for
Humanity and feeding those in need. We partner with the Green Bay
Packers through our 'Touchdowns for Hunger' program which has
resulted in donating $1.3 million to date for hunger relief. We
support our employees who serve their communities year-round
including providing paid time off to contribute to causes that are
meaningful to them.
Brand Innovation & Leadership - We're a national brand, owned by a
real family. Because we are privately-held every employee is
considered part of the Sargento Family and can make a meaningful
impact. We seek people who will challenge assumptions and introduce
new ideas to help achieve our corporate goals. We are an industry
leader because of our quest to find the next breakthrough and have
been a Nielsen Award Winner thanks to our game-changing
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.4 billion, Sargento Foods
is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more
than 60 years. We created the world's first, successful
pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based
in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded,
sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients
and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our
products and for product design, packaging and merchandising
innovations that have transformed our industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
Keywords: Sargento Foods, Inc., Green Bay , Maintenance Technician 3rd shift, Professions , Kiel, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!