Sr. Engineer Technician - 2D & 3D Checker
Company: Fincantieri Marine Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Senior Engineer Technician's purpose is to create functional
design deliverables from engineering calculations and guidance, and
or cost effective detailed design ship production deliverables
using the functional design documentation. The Senior Engineer
Technician assists in determining the technical requirements of the
project and in defining resource requirements to achieve schedule
commitments within the field of competence. Finally, the Senior
Engineering Technician will assist manufacturing in the resolution
of production related issues. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and develop 2D deliverables
- Develop 3D model of systems and components within core
- Solve technical issues under the guidance of the department
- Plan, estimate, schedule and monitor assigned work
- Track and report progress to commitments
- Supervise the work status of assigned resources
- Facilitate communications of issues and solutions within
- Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables
- Interpret contract requirements
- Develop contract change documents to support the project
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and
- May be required to lead or participate in product improvement
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThe Senior Engineer Technician may
directly supervise a team of up to 5 employees. Supervisory
responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the Company's
policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
planning, assigning, and directing work; and resolving problems.
The Senior Engineer Technician also demonstrates leadership skills
that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 Year Degree in field of competence (or equivalent) or 10
years of equivalent experience.
- User experience of MMC's primary design tools (AutoCAD 2D/3D,
3D ShipConstructor and Bluebeam Revu)
- 5-10 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the
field of competence.
- 2 years of experience checking 2D Piping Drawings and 5 years
of checking 3D Piping Drawings is required.
- Six Sigma or LEAN training desired.
Keywords: Fincantieri Marine Group, Green Bay , Sr. Engineer Technician - 2D & 3D Checker, Professions , Marinette, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!