Mechanical Designer - Food/Bev Equipment and Production Line Layout
Company: Job Juncture
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Mechanical Designer – Production Equipment & Packaging Lines -
Food/Beverage Equipment and Processes
Appleton, Oshkosh, Green Bay, WI area.
The Mechanical Designer has detailed equipment design and line
layout responsibilities forfood production and packaging projects.
Your responsibilities will be to provide designs from concept to
construction primarily using AutoCAD 2D.
These systems consist of OEM machine centers with interconnecting
conveyance as well as interfacing to power, controls, and
In addition, you will assist engineers and subject matter experts
in proper layout with consideration to spatial requirements,
operational requirements, building use, equipment and material
workflow, and safety.
• Create equipment and production line layouts in AutoCAD 2D.
• Acquire equipment models from vendors and incorporate into plant
• Create GMP designs with an emphasis on operability,
maintainability, and uptime.
• Organize drawings and drawing tools effectively to provide
• Lead document control and versioning activities to ensure project
submittals, deliverables, transmittals, and all related
documentation is properly processed, tracked, and controlled.
• Participate and document design reviews and drawing updates from
initial design through final as-built drawings.
• Ensure adherence with local, city, state, federal and all
• 5+ years of experience in food production and packaging line
design and drafting.
• Experience in the food industry, including applicable USDA
regulations and designs that support proper sanitation and
• Detailed understanding of all types of packaging equipment in the
food industry and experience integrating this equipment into
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and
interact with the client and all team members in a respectful and
• Must be proficient in active listening, seeking clarification,
and thoroughly understanding the client’s needs and the needs of
• Must be energetic, outgoing, and enjoy building
• Must be self-motivated and possess the fire and drive to take
care of the client and succeed.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and deal with
• Strong desire and aptitude to interact and build relationships
• Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD software and creating
equipment general arrangements and plant layouts.
• General understanding of automation control systems.
• Willing and able to travel as necessary for the project.
Typically, up to 15% travel to primary job site.
AAS in Mechanical Drafting and Design or equivalent experience is
About the Company:
This is an exceptional consulting firm focused on client's needs,
good communication, and helping others.
We represent clients in an Engineering and Logistical capacity to
plan, organize, and execute projects.
Our specialties are Capital Projects, Project Management, Line
Optimization, and Industrial Automation.
Additionally, we offer both handheld and drone based Infrared
Inspections to document equipment operating conditions, highlight
potential issues, and provide corrective recommendations.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Green Bay , Mechanical Designer - Food/Bev Equipment and Production Line Layout, Professions , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!