Company: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group
Posted on: January 26, 2023
BuyerLocation : MANITOWOC, WI, United States
Job Family : Procurement
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jan 11, 2023
Job ID : 36554Back to Search ResultsJob DescriptionApply Now >
Save Job Job SavedB uyer/Planner will manage Parker procurement of
materials and services to support quality, delivery and cost
requirements. Requires application of basic purchasing principles,
theories and concepts. The Buyer ensures timely acquisitions of
product or service from known sources of supply. They will plan,
schedule and monitor the efficient movement of materials through
the production cycle to ensure the shipment of products as
scheduled to maximize on time delivery.
- Purchases parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request
for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved
- Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect
price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with
- Plans, schedules and manages production capacity load to ensure
maximum on-time delivery.
- Responsible for maintenance and accuracy of open purchase
orders, quotes, work orders and part master data. Maintains
accurate lead times
for assigned commodities.
- Resolving issues in the areas of requisition accuracy and
completeness, on-time delivery and supplier payment.
- Maximize inventory turns while minimizing cost of freight, cost
of quality and lead time.
- Monitors and evaluates production execution to plan and
- Advises appropriate personnel of production issues or impending
supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay
production or delivery.
- Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating
- Facilitates the resolution of issues by arranging and
participating in conferences between suppliers and company
- Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses,
return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering
- Provides parts, equipment, and materials information by
answering questions and requests. Prepares reports by collecting,
summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains a variety of schedules, records, and reports
pertaining to the tracking of materials through the production
cycle and availability of
- Assists in executing requisite system transactions needed to
support the receipt, storage and transferring of material.
- Responsible for inventory levels. Generates tracking reports
and performs data entry as required.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities and provides
suggestions for cost reduction and efficiency improvements.
- Participates in developing alternate sources of supply by
identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
- Participates in supplier site visits and evaluates them as to
production capability, performance, delivery, and other key
business criteria. May
complete supplier certification as part of a technical and/or
- 4 year college degree Supply Chain management or relevant
- Experience and/or exposure to supply chain concepts and
methodologies, and manufacturing through internships or training
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand
business practices and recommend proper automation
- Must have intermediate computer skills and be able to
understand of electronic processing.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
skills for effective interface with all internal and external
- Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprises principles
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and
control technologies. For more than a century the company has been
enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow.
Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.Parker is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to
ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and
employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons
regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity,
genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected
by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other
appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord
with U.S. import & export regulations.
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal
If you would like more information about Equal Employment
Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
In accordance with Parker's policies and applicable state laws,
Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all
applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug
testing as a condition of employment.Save Job Job Saved
Keywords: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group, Green Bay , Buyer, Professions , Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!