Maintenance Service Professional
Company: Compact Power Equipment, Inc.
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Compact Power Equipment Inc.,?a Home Depot Company, located in Fort Mill, SC, is a fast-growing, values driven organization comprised of Rental and Services divisions. We are a team of over 700 talented associates based across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.Compact Power Equipment Services Division is comprised of over 300 talented and highly trained professional technicians to deliver comprehensive management of commercial equipment including installation, repair, preventative maintenance and parts management. We are dedicated to investing in advanced technology and the continued training of Support and Field Service Professional teams with the singular goal of optimizing the efficiency, safety and productive life span of our customers? mechanical assets. We are an industry leader with a nationwide footprint in 15 regions across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:?Must reside within 15 miles of target city and have a stellar driving record?The position of MAINTENANCE SERVICE PROFESSIONAL provides commercial and industrial minor equipment repair and preventive maintenance services.? Representative equipment includes, but is not limited to, paint shaker devices, blind cutting machines, mobility carts, ladders, wood saws, tile saws, wire and carpet carousels.?ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate the ability to complete light industrial equipment repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment found in big box retailers ? The Home Depot / Best Buy.
- Respond to on-site preventative maintenance service calls within contract time frames.
- Use hand and power tools to assemble, disassemble and repair machines.
- Maintain spare part inventory provided by Compact Power Equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve equipment issues.
- Adhere to OSHA regulation and safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers, supervisor and coworkers.
- Use sound judgment when dealing with and eliminating safety related issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time and work independently.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow dispatch schedule generated electronically daily.
- Submit paperwork and reports daily.
- Strong attention to detail and a good work ethic preventing re-work and warranty trips.
- Employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to customer, the public and self.
- Perform general preventive maintenance, changing batteries, saw blades and using grease gun.
- Maintain confidentiality of intellectual property.KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILTITES REQUIRED:???????Excellent Written & Verbal? Communications????????? Customer Service?????? Problem Solving / Analysis????????? Stress Management / Composure???????Technical Capacity????????? Teamwork Orientation??????? Initiative????????? Thoroughness / Discretion?QUALIFICATIONS:?
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent technical or trade school.
- Two (2) plus years of experience in machine repair and troubleshooting.
- Ability to perform light industrial equipment repair and have mechanical aptitude.
- Read and understand schematics and parts list.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Medium proficiency required in the use of electronic technology ? Tablets / Smart Phone / Laptop.
- Basic electrical experience is a plus.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Valid driver?s license for the state in which you live and work.
- Good driving record.?WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. Employee occasionally climb equipment and work at heights up to 20 feet. Employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 80 pounds. Employee is required to talk and hear. Driving for extended periods of time. Working conditions may include working indoors and outdoors in cold, hot and damp areas. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be done by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.POSITION TYPE / HOURS OF WORK:The above description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. This is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.?Hours of work may vary based on region. Shifts can include:
- Four (4) X Ten (10) hour shifts (Monday ? Thursday) / 2:00pm ? 12:00am
- Five (5) X Eight (8) hour shifts (Monday ? Friday)?Assigned work hours will be determined by manager. This position is full-time and has no direct supervisory responsibilities.We offer a full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and financial. Please visit LIVETHEORANGELIFE.COM for more details.?EEO / AA / M / F / VETS / DISABLED?
Keywords: Compact Power Equipment, Inc., Green Bay , Maintenance Service Professional, Professions , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!