Compact Power - MAINTENANCE SERVICE PROFESSIONAL - (Green Bay, WI)
Company: Home Depot
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Job DescriptionCompact Power Equipment Inc., a Home Depot Company,
located in Fort Mill, SC, is a fast-growing, values driven
organization comprised of Rental and Services divisions. We are a
team of over 700 talented associates based across the U.S., Canada,
and Puerto Rico.Compact Power Equipment Services Division is
comprised of over 300 talented and highly trained professional
technicians to deliver comprehensive management of commercial
equipment including installation, repair, preventative maintenance
and parts management. We are dedicated to investing in advanced
technology and the continued training of Support and Field Service
Professional teams with the singular goal of optimizing the
efficiency, safety and productive life span of our customers---
mechanical assets. We are an industry leader with a nationwide
footprint in 15 regions across the United States, Canada and Puerto
Rico.GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:Must reside within 15 miles of target
city and have a stellar driving recordThe position of MAINTENANCE
SERVICE PROFESSIONAL provides commercial and industrial minor
equipment repair and preventive maintenance services.
Representative equipment includes, but is not limited to, paint
shaker devices, blind cutting machines, mobility carts, ladders,
wood saws, tile saws, wire and carpet carousels.ESSENTIAL
- Demonstrate the ability to complete light industrial equipment
repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment found in big box
retailers --- The Home Depot / Best Buy.
- Respond to on-site preventative maintenance service calls
within contract time frames.
- Use hand and power tools to assemble, disassemble and repair
- Maintain spare part inventory provided by Compact Power
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Adhere to OSHA regulation and safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers, supervisor and
- Use sound judgment when dealing with and eliminating safety
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time and work independently.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow dispatch schedule generated
- Submit paperwork and reports daily.
- Strong attention to detail and a good work ethic preventing
re-work and warranty trips.
- Employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to customer,
the public and self.
- Perform general preventive maintenance, changing batteries, saw
blades and using grease gun.
- Maintain confidentiality of intellectual property.MINIMUM
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Job RequirementsKNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILTITES REQUIRED:---
Excellent Written & Verbal Communications--- Customer Service---
Problem Solving / Analysis--- Stress Management / Composure---
Technical Capacity--- Teamwork Orientation--- Initiative---
Thoroughness / DiscretionQUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent technical or trade
- Two (2) plus years of experience in machine repair and
- Ability to perform light industrial equipment repair and have
- Read and understand schematics and parts list.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Medium proficiency required in the use of electronic technology
--- Tablets / Smart Phone / Laptop.
- Basic electrical experience is a plus.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Valid driver---s license for the state in which you live and
- Good driving record.WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:This
position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending,
kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
Employee occasionally climb equipment and work at heights up to 20
feet. Employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 80
pounds. Employee is required to talk and hear. Driving for extended
periods of time. Working conditions may include working indoors and
outdoors in cold, hot and damp areas. The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be done by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
role.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.POSITION TYPE / HOURS OF
WORK:The above description is not intended to be an all-inclusive
list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are
they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. This is intended only to describe the
general nature of the job.Hours of work may vary based on region.
Shifts can include:
- Four (4) X Ten (10) hour shifts (Monday --- Thursday) / 2:00pm
- Five (5) X Eight (8) hour shifts (Monday --- Friday)Assigned
work hours will be determined by manager. This position is
full-time and has no direct supervisory responsibilities.We offer a
full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and
financial. Please visit LIVETHEORANGELIFE.COM for more details.EEO
/ AA / M / F / VETS / DISABLED
Keywords: Home Depot, Green Bay , Compact Power - MAINTENANCE SERVICE PROFESSIONAL - (Green Bay, WI), Professions , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!