Homeless Shelter Support Staff
Company: Newcap, Inc.
Location: Green Bay
Posted on: May 16, 2022
LOOKING FOR 3RD SHIFT STAFF WORKING MIDNIGHT TO 8:30 A.M.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsibilities:
- On-site oversight and support for the family homeless
- Overall management and development of services for individuals
and families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness
- Operate and deliver services in accordance with current
policies and procedures, contract requirements, federal, state, and
- Position is under the direct supervision of the Deputy Housing
Director. AGENCY EXPECTATIONS:
- Adhere to agency policy and procedures.
- Exceptional Communication and organizational skills.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability
to prioritize workload.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties
- Has a strong work ethic putting the needs of the organization
and clients first priority.
- Ambassador for Newcap, Inc., along with all employees, and
responsible for marketing/promoting the organization and its
programs both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates leadership to gain and maintain credibility,
trust, and respect of all employees
- Proactively and effectively communicates the knowledge gained
from education to others in the organization, through the use of
presentations, e-mail, and conversations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Provide shelter oversight of residents
- Responsible for the daily operations of the shelter including,
cleanliness, safety, and security of the facility to ensure the
building and facilities are maintained as necessary to provide a
safe and effective environment for employees, clients, volunteers,
- Conduct facility walk throughs regularly
- Maintain inventory of shelter supplies and donations for
- Provide feedback to Shelter Case Manager about observed
resident progress and resident interactions
- Assist residents with completing mainstream resource
- Conduct crisis intervention as needed. 2. Provide Coordination
- Complete Coordinated Entry referrals on an as needed basis
- Follow Coordinated Entry policies and procedures
- Assist unsheltered individuals and families with motel vouchers
as needed following the funding rules
- Advocate for program participants as they search for supportive
and/or independent housing and provide oversight of internal
- Help participants create support systems and participate in the
community as they desire.
- Implement case plans provided by the Shelter Case Manager.
- Provide independent living skills support to the Shelter Case
- Work with clients to find alternate housing and get them
referred to community resources
- Conduct crisis intervention as needed.
- Maintain relationships with services providers, volunteers,
staff and community members.
- Maintain regular contact with the Deputy Housing Director to
apprise him/her of client progress and to assist in the resolution
of potential problems. 3. Provide Data Quality and Completeness:
- Complete paperwork and case notes accurately and on timely
basis. Ensure that case notes are complete and accurate.
- Set up and maintain entries into CAPtain Database and in the
HMIS database in a timely manner and ensure accuracy.
- Maintain client documentation and tracking outcomes in CAPtain
and HMIS. WORKING CONDITIONS: This work is generally performed in
an office environment. Much of the work will take place in the
shelter setting. Some overnight and out of state travel is may be
required. EFFORT: Long periods of time working at a computer
terminal. Use of keyboard may be stressful to hands or wrists. Must
be able to see, hear and speak. Frequent handling and fingering,
reading, working with information, standing, walking. Occasional
lifting up to 25 pounds, reaching, climbing, stooping. MACHINES,
TOOLS, EQUIPMENT: Computer, cell phone, printer, photocopy machine,
fax machine, calculator, shredder, telephone, van or car. EDUCATION
AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Degree
- Valid driver's license.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and the overall use
of computers and general office equipment.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing. ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write using proper grammar/punctuation, and
- Possess organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Computer skills
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling,
project management, presentation, graphics, layout, and
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision or over-site.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Employee must be able to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Newcap, Inc., Green Bay , Homeless Shelter Support Staff, Other , Green Bay, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!